Sunday, December 23, 2007

Vietnam War, Lt Col Hal Moore

When Lt Col Moore learns from a superior officer that his unit will be known as the 1st Battalion / 7th cavalry regiment, he is disquieted because the 7th Cavalry regiment was the battalion commanded by General Custer when he and his unit was slaughtered at the Battle of the Little Bighorn.

So before leaving for service in Vietnam, Moore tells his unit that he will not leave anyone behind, dead or alive. Great casting putting Mel Gibson in the role as Lt Col Moore.


Nice paint job for the M16 with the metallic shine

His Radio Telephone Operator (RTO) "Smith"
Dragon's "We were soldiers (2002)" (Vietnam war film starring Mel Gibson as Lt Col Hal Moore) boxed set

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I own the stall and it is autographed by Hal Moore. It is an amazing figure and I am very fortunate to have it. Great detail and I find tribute to one of the best leaders or country has ever had! Godspeed sir.

Unknown said...

I have this how more action figure and it was amazing! Hal Moore autographed it for me. my father was killed during this battle and I met the real heroes in 1993. I was honored to know them all and I'm fortunate to have this amazing action figure a one of the best leaders in American history. Godspeed sir

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Carol :) So blessed to be able to meet the actual heroes in person. Also sorry for your loss :(