Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Medicom RAH 1:6 Ghost Rider Figure Review

"I feel like my skull is on fire, but I'm good. I'm the only one who can walk in both worlds. I'm the Ghost Rider. " These were words uttered by Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze in the 2007 superhero film "Ghost Rider" about a stunt motorcyclist who morphs into the demon vigilante Ghost Rider, which is based on the character of the same name that appeared in Marvel Comics.



This is Medicom Toys 1:6 scale RAH (Real Action Heroes) Ghost Rider released in 2007 in conjunction with the release of the film. Since Hot Toys' announcement of their very own Movie Masterpiece Ghost Rider figure, I felt it was appropriate to bring him out for a couple of shots.


IMHO I think Medicom didn't do a bad job for this, except for that HUGE zipper!




The flaming skull look looks pretty good to me, more menacing looking than Hot Toys version




Hot Toys version shown in the prototype pictures looks too clean and white for my liking. Medicom's version uses the light around it to make the flames around his skull "glow" without the need for LED lights




And then there are the spikes / rivets on the shoulders


Spikes / rivets on his gauntlets




There are miniature spikes / rivets on the Medicom 1:6 scale Ghost Rider's belt too


There are also spikes / rivets and spurs on his boots as well (not seen on Hot Toys' version). Not sure if it is movie-accurate but it makes him look meaner and cooler.



The accessory that came with this Medicom RAH 1:6 Ghost Rider figure was his chain which can be seen in my very first post of this Medicom Ghost Rider way back in 2007 with some more pictures HERE

Ghost Rider cannot be without his ride. Check out my next post of his 1:6 Flame Cycle.

No comments: